Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Bit of Back-tracking

Alrighty, trying to get the hang of this whole blogging thing. I realize that I only ever read blogs that are updated consistently. Must. Update. Consistently.

Although I have now been in Wellington for over 3 weeks (what?!) I decided to back-track a bit for this post and throw up a few pictures from my 22 hours in Beijing, 2 weeks in Australia, and 10 days in the South Island.

I had such an amazing month of travel! I went from -17 degrees (Celsius that is, sounds more dramatic that way) in Beijing...



To a whopping 43 degrees Celsius (109 F) in Oz! I have been to this Land of Oz before, so beautiful! I got to revisit a few places I had been and also hang with my awesome friend Lucy (and her amazingly cute dog, Dexter) who I met in Croatia this past summer!



Then I was off to New Zealand! I spent a day in Wellington while I waited for my awesome Aussie friends, Karen and Alex to pick me up in our rent-a-car.

And to back-track a bit more, I randomly met Karen and Alex during a crazy night out in Greece this past September...



Then randomly bumped into them in Barcelona two weeks later! What a small world it is.



To finish off their 7 month trip around the world, Karen and Alex headed to New Zealand for their last 3 weeks before heading back to their home in Oz. We had kept in touch since our Holiday in Spain and planned to do a road trip of the South Island once they arrived in NZ.

Amazing. We did everything from wine tasting to jet-boating and saw the beach, glaciers, and a rain forest all within a 30 minute drive of each other.



Ah. I love traveling.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog so much and I am so excited to read this all the time!! Your pictures are awesome, I love that you have already made so many friends! But that makes sense, because you always make friends so easily. Love you my kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Your pictures still look amazinga dn i am so proud of you and all you are doing. Seeing as it is 8:30am here and you are just getting home from partying(most likely) hope you had a fun evening! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, I saw Sarah was following your blog and I hope you don't mind if I follow as well. You know I love traveling and I look forward to reading about your newest adventure!

    ReplyDelete