Sunday, February 21, 2010

Not exactly NEW zeal...

Zeal: fervor for a person, cause, or object; eager desire or endeavor; enthusiastic diligence; ardor
Synonyms: intensity, passion

It really is an old zeal I have for New Zealand. Ever since I traveled here years ago with this lovely lady and our high school choir, I have been wanting to come back.

And not only did I want to come back to visit, I wanted to come back to LIVE. Something has been pulling me, pushing me to get back here; an itch I haven't been able to scratch until now.

10 years later, here I am! After much planning, debating, side-line traveling, and saving of course :) So, I quit my job in San Francisco, headed to Europe for 2 months, came home again to properly say goodbye to friends and family, and bought a one-way ticket to the Land Down Under.

After 22 hours in Beijing, 2 weeks in Australia, and 10 days in the South Island, I am finally here in Wellington (Southern most tip of the North Island for those of you who are geographically challenged). Windy Welly, except for the actual wind, is my perfect little home away from home. A bite-sized San Francisco. I love it here even more than I thought I would. A beautiful, clean, fun, funky and cool town disquised as a city.

It's funny how dreams, projects, passions, and desires nag at you and don't let you sleep until they are full-filled in some way (or is that just me?)... because now I am here and a huge part of me feels at peace. Like my life here has just been sitting and having tea, patiently waiting for me all this time. Is that because I think I am supposed to be here for some other-worldly cosmic reason, or am I just obsessed about getting what I want out of life and now I can rest because I can check this next thing off of my list?

I guess I'll find out :)


3 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you have a blog now!!! Seriously, this is making me so happy. I love you and am so excited to read along with your adventures and hear of your passion, your day to day and see more of your gorgeous pics! Love you my kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. One of my favorite pictures. Love the name. Love you first post. So excited. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! Found you, and guess I see you like my blog too, ha ha ha. So glad you are doing this!! Love you lots and lots!!

    ReplyDelete